Listen to the podcast!
Hold on to your butts! It’s another substantive, jam-packed episode where the Two Guys look through the latest Previews catalog. And for May, Andy W. and Derek see a lot of good stuff, enough to make this a longer-than-average episode. (Yes, the guys are going into 2+ hours territory again, but only slightly.) Among the many solicits Andy and Derek highlight are of titles from publishers such as
- Dark Horse Comics – Black Hammer #1 (again!), Angel Catbird, and The Battles of Bridget Lee
- DC/Vertigo – The Hellblazer: Rebirth #1, American Vampire Anthology #2, and Fables: The Deluxe Edition, Book 13
- IDW Publishing/Top Shelf – ROM #1, Snake Tales!, Love Addict: Confessions of a Serial Dater, and Dirty Duck
- Image Comics – Snotgirl #1, Throwaways #1, and The Hunt #1
- Action Lab – The House of Montresor
- AfterShock – Captain Kid #1 and Lifespanners #1
- Alternative Comics – Flashed: Sudden Stories in Comics and Prose, Terra Flats #1, and True Stories #2
- Archie Comics – Betty and Veronica #1 and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
- Big Planet/Retrofit Comics – The Experts
- BOOM! Studios – Sombra #1 and Adventure Time Comics #1
- Canton Street Press – Blood Is the Harvest #16 (Replica Edition)
- Chapterhouse Comics – Johnny Canuck: Compendium 1941-1946
- Dover Publications – The Boys of Sheriff Street
- Fantagraphics Books – Neat Stuff, Garden of Flesh, and Hip Hop Family Tree Book 4: 1984-1985
- First Second – Last Man, Vol. 5: The Order
- Humanoids – I Am Legion and Milo Manara’s Gullivera Deluxe
- Jet City Comics – Cirque American: Girl over Paris #1
- Kodansha Comics – Appleseed Alpha, Vol. 1
- Nobrow Press – Einstein
- Odod Books/Uncivilized Books – The Whistling Factory
- Titan Comics – Torchwood #1 and The Best of B.C.
- Vanguard Productions – The Sensuous Frazetta
- VIZ Media – Monster: The Perfect Edition, Vol. 9
- Stone Bridge Press – The Osamu Tezuka Story: A Life in Manga and Anime
In addition, Derek and Andy discuss other matters, including a correction from last week’s publisher spotlight — Melissa Mendes’s Lou is actually an Alternative Comics publication, not from Hic + Hoc — and an email of appreciation they received from Jon Allen whose book, Ohio Is for Sale, was discussed in that same episode. They also talk a little bit about this coming weekend’s Free Comic Book Day, wonder over the new Image+ insert magazine (and Andy is pissed that he didn’t get one with his copy of Previews), poke fun at Millarworld, and point out the truly freaky and absolutely unnecessary Big Head Walking Dead figures they saw in the catalog.
Preorder your copies of some of the titles mentioned in this episode:
Never miss an episode of The Comics Alternative. Subscribe today!