Introduce Yourself

This is a forum that is open to all comics-related matters. Here you can begin discussions, or respond to discussions, of any sort, as long as it has something to do with comics.
kkimbrough44

Introduce Yourself

Postby kkimbrough44 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:57 am

Hey everyone!

It occurs to me that in order for this forum to thrive, we need to have a sense of community. Most of us know who the hosts on the show are. But I have no idea who anyone else is. So go ahead and post a short bio along with at least one comic you're reading (this is the comics forum after all). We'll just keep this going for all of our new members.

I'm Kenneth. I am about to pursue a Masters in English Literature and Culture. Also, I'm reading Wally Wood's Cannon.

aaronalexan

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby aaronalexan » Thu May 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Good idea Kenneth.

I'm Aaron Alexander, graphic artist, part-time cartoonist. I just started "Alec: The Years Have Pants" (omnibus book) by Eddie Campbell.

Art Bowshier

Postby Art Bowshier » Fri May 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Art Bowshier here. From Urbana, Ohio. Comic, sci-fi, horror, and pro wrestling fan. I am an advocate for the Digital Comics Museum and Comicbooks+ websites of which I have no affiliation what-so-ever. They have free Public Domain comic book archives from numerous (mostly defunct) publisher. Plese donate to them to keep them on theweb.

Derek
Site Admin

Postby Derek » Sat May 31, 2014 12:03 pm

I probably don't need to, but I'll introduce myself as one of the Two Guys with PhDs Talking about Comics...and moderator of the forum. You can find out about me and Andy Kunka -- as well as Comics Alternative associates Gene Kannenberg, Jr., and Andy Wolverton, at the website's "About Us" page, http://comicsalternative.com/about-us/.
Derek Royal
The Comics Alternative
"Two Guys with PhDs Talking about Comics"
http://comicsalternative.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/comicsalternative
Twitter: @2guyswithphds

pacino

Postby pacino » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:29 am

Hi, my name's Chris. I live in Reading, PA and am an avid lover of comics and the entire art form. Podcasts such as these have opened me up to the world of the graphic novel and alternative comics, when before I was solely a Marvel/Star Wars comics guy. I still enjoy those, but there's so many genres in comics that there's no need to limit one's self.

If it matters: I have a degree in history and work in a little cubicle for the state government during the days.

Scott Conner

Postby Scott Conner » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:05 am

Hello from Blacksburg, VA. I am reader/fan of/collector of a great many things, including comics, SF/fantasy art books, illustration, animation, history, music, movies, games, etc.

Much to the chagrin of my wallet's ability to keep up with it all. :roll:

thesheepandthewolves

Postby thesheepandthewolves » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:19 am

I'm Nick, another comics fan with a PhD (mine's in Film Studies). I teach games design as well as cartooning and animation in a college in Cambridge, UK and am an aspiring comics creator myself.

As for what I'm currently reading: Murder Me Dead by David Lapham, Grip by Gilbert Herbandez and Alex Toth's Zorro.

adam0702

Postby adam0702 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:36 am

hello

I am providing dissertation help since last 5 years. I have a team of writers who have been working with

me. Now I am willing to work with those people who wants to outsource their content to me. I provide

high quality content on very affordable price. My rates are start from 3-5 cents per word. If you

willing to outsource your content we can start work together.

Daisy221

Postby Daisy221 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:10 am

Hello there! I am Daisy from Alabama and newbie here .

acentriatech

Postby acentriatech » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:23 am

Hello Everyone

Return to “General Comics Talk”