to the podcast!
Anthology Woes, Steampunk Nos
It’s the beginning of the month, which means it’s time for Andy and Derek to flip through the latest Previews catalog. In this issue, they highlight a variety of books and comic-book series that will be coming out later this year, including new titles from Dark Horse (The Goon: Occasion of Revenge #1, Red Moon, and Sally Heathcote, Suffragette), DC/Vertigo (Bodies #1 and Trillium TP), Image (Low #1, Supreme: Blue Rose #1, Black Kiss 2: XXXmas in July Special, and Murder Me Dead), Adhouse Books (Youth Is Wasted), BOOM! Studios (Black Market #1), Dynamite Entertainment (The Devilers #1), Drawn and Quarterly (Benson’s Cuckoos), Fantagraphics (The Hip Hop Family Tree, Vol. 2, DKW: Ditko, Kirby, Wood, Jim, and Luba and Her Family), First Second (The Shadow Hero), Hill and Wang (Not the Israel My Parents Promised Me TP), and Knockabout Comics (Beatles with an A: The Birth of a Band). Among the highlights from this episode, you will hear
- Derek’s frustration at not getting his copy of Previews in time, and thus, having to rely on a crappy text file
- Andy renewing his ongoing resistance to anything with “steam” in the title
- Fantasies about killing clowns
- More gripes about series numbering and the shenanigans of Marvel
- Derek going negative on Vertigo’s new attempt at an anthology, and then Andy advising Derek to readjust his expectations on anthologies
This this a fun episode? Of course it is! And it’s the kind of good quality podcasting you’ve come to expect from The Two Guys with PhDs Talking about Comics™.
Preorder your copies of some of the books discussed in this episode: